Saturday, December 4, 2010

Days 5&6 - Back to the Basics

Day 5:

SJC Taken Over by War of the Worlds Aliens

Sorry I missed Thursday!  I travelled/worked most of the day, and I didn't get home until 1:00 AM Friday.  Bleh.  Looking back, this week has been stressful for two reasons.  First, I didn't know how this whole Mandy situation would work out.  I really like her, which is a vulnerability I'd rather not nurture without some assurance that it is reciprocated.  In any case, the second reason I've been stressed this week is because the first phase of my project is coming to an end.  All of the hard work we've done over the past few weeks is being compiled into a report (eight pages of bullet points on just my stuff) for the group to review next week.

I've learned that attitude can play a huge role in my workplace happiness.  This week, my goal has been to start every day in a positive frame of mind, and although it wasn't perfect, I did a pretty good job. My work was monotonous but not unbearable as it has been the past few weeks.  I even enjoyed a few meetings and felt like my relationships with my teammates was improving.  Overall, I would say that this strategy has proven very effective.

Day 6:


Spending Time with Mandy

As I said, I've been thinking a lot about whether I should invest in this potential Mandy relationship.  I thought I had been pretty clear about expressing my interest, but I hoped to cement that sometime after we went Christmas shopping tonight.  The mall trip was not very exciting, but then one of her friends invited both of us to a bar.  We set out, and I found out on the way that she just started seeing one of her exes.  I was too late...  However, I've decided that she is worth the fight, so I'm going to stick with it.

We went to the bar, had a great time drinking and playing pool, and I told her to dump the guy she is with for me.  She said that if it doesn't work out, I'll get my shot.  Based on our awesome chemistry, I really hope that it's soon.  She makes me feel all warm and mushy sometimes, and I like that.  Honestly, I am a little ill equipped to deal with these types of emotions.  It has been a long time since I genuinely liked someone enough to fight for them.  This may be a first, actually.  In any case, I'm trying to keep my enthusiasm down and prepare for the worst, but it's probably an effort in futility.  I have a serious crush going.

Sometimes it's hard for me to convince myself that I deserve someone great...  Well, I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment