Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Days 20-23: Short and Sweet

My winter holiday has started, and I'm planning on taking a little break from blogging.  However, I had a goal of posting one picture for evey day this year, so I will continue to post pics as time permits.

Day 20:

I took my sister's advice and came home for strawberry cheesecake.  It was dericious!  I also played a lot of cards with my step-mom and grandparents.  Grandma schooled pretty much every game except one.  The last game, was a landslide victory at rummy.  I swear she gets two jokers every hand.

Day 21:

This year, I actually took the time to make my presents aesthetically pleasing.  They're still missing bows, but I know my dad always has a stash.  I also cleaned my room and did some other random chores on this day.

Day 22:

Sarah took me out to a Blues game completely at random.  We lost, but I really enjoy watching all the action!  Hot dogs (NOM NOM NOM), beer, hockey....what's not to like?  Sarah was a lot of fun to hang out with.  I can't think of a better person for my roommate to date.

Day 23:

We hosted game night on Tuesday night.  Jason needed to get an oil change for his holiday travel, so I ended up doing a lot of the cooking.  The picture above features one of the dishes that I made.  I was worried that my kitchen incompetence would be at work here, but everyone seemed to really enjoy the food.  We followed up with the Family Guy Star Wars movies and a game of Acquire.  Acquire is Monopoly-esque, and I found it to be pretty fun.  I took a very close second place at the end of the game.

General update:
My dating situation continues to improve.  Jenny and I have been talking every night, and the more we do, the more I like her.  We re-scheduled her visit to St. Louis, and I may even visit her in Springfield if we're lucky.  It depends on whether I can secure some sleeping arrangements.  I also really want to see Zack and Sam while I'm there.  I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment