Friday, December 10, 2010

Day 12 - Homeward Bound


This week has been tough, and looking back, I'm pretty sure that lack of sleep was the main factor.  At long last, I have finally gotten back on my schedule!  I'm a creature of strict habits with regard to my sleep and diet.  =/

I thought for sure that I'd miss my flight this week and get stuck in Denver.  We were already delayed for the first leg of the trip by an hour, which had me FREAKING OUT.  That's what we get for taking the very last flight home...  Luckily, my friend Jason helped me through the A-List security line so that I would make it through in time.  I literally walked off of my first plane, across a hallway, and onto my second plane.  Talk about luck!

When I got home, I went to Mandy's house and met her mom.  Mandy and I just kinda talked and watched How to Train Your Dragon until about 3 am.  I don't know whether we were both tired or what, but I wasn't feeling the conversation.  We'll have a chance to redeem ourselves when she comes over today.

An observation about my social development....  I seem to have grown comfortable with the "get to know you" phase of relationships, but I'm not a great conversationalist for what comes after that.  I'm not really sure why, either.  It just doesn't come naturally to me.  I think that only practice can really help with that, so I'll try to make every topic count tonight.

The pic is from Buffalo Bill's Brew House in California.  It is a brewery, bar, and restaurant.  They have a fantastic red ale, and the nachos and BLT are substantial.  (Nachos pictured above...)

No comments:

Post a Comment