Monday, December 13, 2010

Days 14 & 15 - The End of the Race



Saturday and Sunday were rather hectic with dates, visitors,etc.  Saturday, I was supposed to tour Ranken, but after a night of almost zero sleep I completely forgot about my appointment.  =/  I'm going to try to re-schedule for some time Thursday, I think.  Saturday, Shaun stopped by.  We played some fierce Rockband 3.  As it turns out, Shaun is pretty badass with a keytaur.  Even on pro-keys he did a good job. 

Later that evening, Mandy invited us out to a bar with some of her friends.  We played a few rounds of nine-hole (taught to me by my friend Kelley) and designed super hero costumes before setting out.  The bar turned out to have live entertainment (super loud) and a general lack of billiards or arcade games.  The only productive thing I really got out of the experience was negotiating a few days off for Mandy around New Year's Eve.  I'm unsure how this will impact my Goat House party plans as of yet...  The evening ended with everyone crashing at my place after driving home through a giant snowstorm.  Fun stuff.


Sunday was a lot calmer.  Shaun and I chilled at the house in the morning.  Mandy left early for work.  At this point, my eye infection had grown a little more irritating, so I started looking into optometrist availability.  (There is none on Sunday...)  Ultimately, I called in a favor with my friend Drew's dad and got an appointment for the first thing Monday.  This ultimately cancelled my work travel for the week.  Surprisingly enough, there were a number of positive outcomes from this.  First, I'll get to hang out with Mandy Monday night and watch Inception on blu-ray.  Second, I can actually use my Cake concert ticket for Wednesday!

On Sunday evening Jay, Steve, and Alex (Steve's wife) all grabbed some sushi with me.  Steve is not typically a raw fish eater, but he's coming around.  I stopped by Mandy's house on the way home with the sole intention of giving her a proper goodnight kiss.  I think it worked out rather well.  It wasn't long after that Jenny cancelled our plans to hang out next weekend, for which I am simultaneously relieved and disappointed.  Cancelling long-standing plans is one of my SUPER pet peeves, so she loses out big time.  I think this has probably concluded the competition for my affection.  Mandy is a great girl, and I'm looking forward to exploring the potential of our relationship.

Note: The second picture was taken at the door of a shop adjacent to the sushi restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment