Sunday, February 13, 2011

Days 9-12: Jet Lag

Days 9-10
 
Days 9 and 10 were huge travel days (Thursday and Friday). My first flight from SFO got delayed due to a mechanical failure, so I had to spend the night in Denver. This sounds great until you realize that there's a blizzard and you're getting in at 9-10 PM. On the bright side, I was in Denver! It's an amazing city, especially in the summer. Lots of good eats and nice people. The hotel was very comfortable - best bed I have ever slept on for sure.

 
Day 10.5
 
I didn't really plan to go out Friday night, but Jon managed to talk me into it. We went to the Urban Chestnut, a new brewery that a mutual friend works at. They have a number of tasty beers, but my favorite is "Myth". It's an exceptionally smooth and flavorful dark beer. I could drink it all day! Anywhoo, Jon and I played every game we could think of in the bar. We played cards (which he killed me at), chess (which I killed him at), and darts (which we broke about even at).


Eventually, his friend Chris showed up and offered to bring a couple of girls over to his place if we wanted to party. Of course, we accepted the invitation. By the time we got to Jon's it was already really late, and I was tired. Finally, Chris arrives with one really pretty girl (which he has dibs on) and this other girl. My interest wasn't really peaked, so I decided to bail and get some sleep for a change. :) It was definitely the best decision I made that night.

Day 11-12
 
Saturday was filled with bar hopping and watching The Wizard of Oz to the tune of The Dark Side of the Moon.  Thanks for all the crazy times, Pink Floyd!  Of note - we checked out the Twisted Olive.  I've been fascinated by it ever since I first laid eyes on it.  This has to be the most inaccesible bar I've ever seen.  Go up the hidden stairwell three flights, walk across the upper catwalk, and you will find the door to the Twisted Olive.  Unfortunately, it turned out to be a very smokey and loud bar.  It was very small with an older demographic.  We decided not to stay.  The evening concluded with watching Hot Fuzz.  I suppose it was for the greater good.  ;)

Sunday was filled with eating, sleeping and gaming.  You know, the usual.  Hope you enjoyed this week's installment of my crazy life.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment