Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Night Shift

I have not had a presence online in some time.  This is true for a lot of reasons, but lately I've just been working my ass off.  I was going to insert something witty here, but I'm just dead to the world after a 13 hour shift.  However, I do want to give everyone the skinny on what's going on with me.

Scary thing of the month is that I may or may not have colon cancer.  It sounds like the docs really don't know what's going on, so I get to have them check out my GI and tell me what the hell is wrong.  That happens in just over seven days.

In other news, dating has been hit and miss.  It seems like I've attracted a lot of girls that I'm not that into, but I'm also attracted some girls that aren't into me.  My leading prospect was a med student at Wash U. who used to do figure skating.  She was a lot of fun when we got to hang out, but she's super unavailable.  We might give things another shot when she's less busy.

I'm also talking to an aspiring pharmacist that I seem to really click with.  We have pretty similar values on topics like family, religion, partying, etc.  The bonus is that she really likes politics and philosophy but isn't so knowledgeable on the topics that I will get destroyed in a discussion.  I digress.

My personal goals right now include:
  1. Get my finances in order, including 401K and a credit card.
  2. Start exercising regularly...Thanks Chi for some added inspiration.
  3. Playing violin regularly.  I've been super slacking on this one, but it's pretty low on the list right now.
  4. Take a Spanish class so that I can communicate with immigrant workers on the client site.
On a side note, I'm looking forward to another trip to Lollapalooza.  Gogol Bordello is playing, and I just know it's going to be a blast.  Overall, I'd say my outlook on life is pretty bright when I'm not burnt out from work.  I realized recently that finding a special someone is really important to my happiness, and I can use that as motivation to better myself. 

I would like to issue a challenge to all of my readers (lol, as if multiple people read this)...  Take a moment to identify your top three personal goals, and list one thing you are doing to achieve each one.  Sometimes, you just have to break down your goals into measurable bites. 

Final thoughts:
"I will apologize for everything but today.  Today, I give a shit!" - Kevin Kline in Life as a House



2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure how long term you were thinking but:

    (1) Programming job in Lawrence. I've applied at Garmin and tomorrow I'm going to go crazy on Monster.
    (2) iPhone game. I work on it every day.
    (3) Thesis. Haven't touched it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't have a specific timeframe in mind. My intention was more to get people thinking about what they want and take a real look at how they're getting there.

    On a side note, I have purchased the P90X workout DVDs to help with my quest for physical fitness. I've been really lazy/pressed for time to design my own workout, so I"m hoping that this will make exercise a little more convenient. I'll let you know how it's going once I receive the product and get on a routine.

    ReplyDelete